Many people think that the most important parts of a house is kitchen, bedroom, and other places where they spent their quality time with family. They do a lot of renovation to maintain these places. But above these parts, the most important part of a house is the roof. The reason behind this is that a roof protects your house interior and your family from many climate hazards. Not only this a roof also protects all the residents from many environmental elements.
There are various roofing materials used for residential purposes, including Asphalt Rool, Built-up Roofing, Composite Asphalt Shingles, Wood Shingle, Wood Shake Shingle, Standing-Seam Metal, Clay /cement, and Slate. While for commercial the mainly used roofs are Metal Roofing, Built-Up Roofing (BUR) Membrane, Green Roofing, Spray-On Silicon, Thermoset EPDM Roof Membrane, Thermoplastic PVC & TPO Roof Membrane, changed bitumen, single-ply (TPO, PVC, and EPDM), and Shingle Roofing.
There are many advantages of roofs as it protects us from severe weather, help with home insulation, and it also increases the resale value of a house. In this article, we will compare Green and synthetic roofing. So, below are the various questions that will cover our whole discussion of this article.
Roofing materials mean What?
What is the difference between Green & Synthetic roofing?
The building materials used in the construction of roofs are called roofing materials. Roofing materials are mostly the topmost layer on the building roof that supported the house structure. Roofing materials are the shelter from the natural elements, including heavy rain, hailstorm, snow, scorching heat, and hurricanes. Concrete, clay, and slate tiles are considered the longest roofing materials but they are not much durable. Instead of concrete, clay, and slate tiles, I considered the asphalt shingles as the most popular roofing material in U.S having 30 years of life longevity rate.
Difference between Green & Synthetic Roofing:-
A green roof is helpful in providing a buffer for rainwater, and clean air, controlling inner temperature, reducing energy costs, and delivering biodiversity throughout the urban area. There are several benefits of green roofing that are mentioned below.
- The green roof provided several economic benefits, such as it is helpful in enhancing the R-value of the roofing system, lessening roof temperatures, minimizing HVAC loads, and minimizing energy cost.
- A green roof is helpful in optimizing the management of storm water.
- Green roofers increase air quality along with that it is helpful in minimizing the effect of the urban heat island.
- Green roofer supports in enhancing mechanical equipment efficiency.
- Last, a green roofer helps to sustain the life longevity of a roof.
Coming towards a synthetic roof, which is also named a composite roof, is developed from compressed materials such as tile develop in most synthetic roofs /shingles. They built these tiles and shingles from several mixed /compressed materials that are solely depend on the manufacturers. There are many benefits of synthetic roofing and are mentioned below:-
- Synthetic roofs are resistant to winds and can withstand winds ranging from 110mph.
- We developed most synthetic roofs from stronger and long-lasting materials. These roofs outlast cedar. Along with that, synthetic roofs are stronger /long-lasting than slate and other materials.
- Synthetic roofs are resistant to fire. These fire resistance ratings vary the difference by the manufacturer because of the material used to make the composite.
- These are mostly cost-effective because they comprise synthetic materials that are manufactured from lightweight content, mostly recycled ones.
- I consider them as eco-friendly roofs. Someone can easily recycle once synthetic roofs have ended their life. This is helpful in reducing waste as it will not give any damage to the environment in its recycling process.
In this article, we have discussed the need for roofing material and compared green and synthetic roofs. But, it is difficult to identify which one of these is more beneficial. Because both kinds of roofs has its own benefits. They both are durable and cost-efficient.
So, it totally depends on the house owner /contractor and what kind of roof they want to install on their building that lies within the budget. But, whichever roofs you consider installing, it is our advice to use professional services for installation. They are very helpful because they have an excellent work history, license to perform roofing activity, and they give quality products. This is helpful in completing your project within time and budgetary constraints.